Saturday 9 August 2008

maybe and perhaps

On Wednesday, I met up with a friend of Helen. Gwen. She told me that one day, a few years back, she and Helen walked around Helmholtzplatz while visiting Berlin. That was my hood, and the idea fascinated me that we might have crossed paths a long time ago.

I saw my housemate's ex, F. the other day. F. had a tough day after his boss revealed to him his lust. He doesnt feel anything for his boss. He told me the story over a beer, how difficult it is when someone you know feels something for you and you cannot return those feelings. You are stuck in a shit situation once you know. F. also told me that he had a similiar thing happening to him a few years ago, when his neighbor-turned-friend confessed to him her love. The friendship broke over the fact that he could not feel the same for her.

5 years ago, my friend M. was flying high on butterflies. She was in love. Finally again. But it was a desperate love affair, as the person she had all those feelings for was not interested in her, not interested in girls. She was in love nevertheless and I was concerned. And although she knew, she told him. He was her neighbor, they had shared lots of dinners together, lots of talks. It was over from that day, for a long while. She was heart-broken and moved out just a few weeks later.

Maybe, we walked past each other, somewhere along Raumer Straße and briefly looked at each other. Maybe they stopped to ask: „excuse me, could you help us find Senefelder Platz“. They also could have caught that pingpong ball that I wasn't able to get, and I said „thank you“ when they passed it back to me. Maybe and perhaps. It is all possible.



I found more proof today for weird things that are so possible. My friend U. and I had a coffee and cake (mine was called "Claire" --- they had "Donna Summer" there too!!!...) at the cafe just opposite the NBKG gallery. We sit there and talk and eat and drink, when, suddenly I see that guy who makes coffee at arcadia (?) on gertrude street. I keep seeing Melbourne faces all the time and was just about to wipe off that thought, but my mouth spoke out his name. It was him. He joined us and I was very very confused.

No comments: